Ceeeeelebrate good times, come on, let's celebrate!

Ceeeeelebrate good times, come on, let's celebrate!

Thanks for waiting on the podium for me, I very proud, stunned and downright amazed that I graduated with a 5k this morning πŸŽ‰πŸΈπŸΈπŸΈπŸΈπŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•

What a fab programme and what a fab forum.

As for the run, well it was just a bit hot wasn't it??

My local Parkrun at Woodley was having a pacer day. If you don't know what that is, there are various runners who commit to running at a particular pace hopefully to encourage personal bests from the other runners. Well they ranged between 20 minutes to 33 minutes and a 1 minute run, 1 minute walk. Well I didn't have big ideas, just wanted to finish ahead of the walkers πŸ˜€

I went off too fast , the magnitude of the moment going to my head a little, but soon got into my stride except I found myself racing to get to each shady bit! I managed to run the whole distance and despite having to stop and tie my shoe lace (!) I did it in 34:41. That's me, a nearly 52 year old woman, who was 3 stone over weight (now only 1 stone to go) and has NEVER run before. I feel amazing and that's not just because of my celebration Sloe Gin and tonic 🍸🍸🍸🍸😍😍😍😍😍 cheers m'dears xxxx

46 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Congratulations. Well done😊

• Thanks 😊 It's a great feeling

• Woo Hoo ! Fantastic Biscuit !

Massive Congratulations to you on your Graduation, YOU DID IT !!!

Well done on your weight loss, you seem a very determined lady , great stuff !

Don't forget to ask for your well deserved Badge :-) xxx

• Thanks Poppy. 😊 Silly question but how do I ask for my badge ? I didn't like to ask before..... !

• Not a silly question at all ! :-)

In the Blue pinned posts on the right theres a heading saying " Graduate Badge August 2016 " you just need to add a post saying that you've completed . Taa - Daa ! :-) xxx

• Thanks will do!!!

• How fabulous! BIG congratulations and a wonderful choice of celebratory tipple if I may so so! Always make a few bottles of sloe gin every year :-). Well done and enjoy

• Thanks Kate 😊

Love sloe gin, we made 1.5 gallons this year - we will be giving some away 😳😳

• Congratulations biscuit :)

• Thanks Bop 😊

• Huge congratulations! What a way to do it! enjoy that gin and squeeze up on the podium for me to join in on Monday!

• Will do Hilary, looking forward to seeing you there!

• Well done, you take the Biscuit. A fantastic run . Squeeze up on the podium beside the rest of us and join the band of Muskateer runners.

• Thanks Nightingale, proud to be a member of the musketeers - one for all!!

• Oh I forgot this ! :-D xxx

• LOVE!! My era πŸ˜€

• Well done to you

• Thanks 😊

• And welcome to the musketeers that happy band

• Congratulations!!!! Nice time too!! :)

• Thanks 😊 Must admit I had to have a little snooze this afternoon 😴

• Lovely way to graduate. Huge congratulations.πŸŽ‡πŸΉπŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸ†πŸΈ

• Thanks Iben, Parkrun is fab 😊

• Cheers Biscuit - chink 🍸 Sloe gin - nice, and...........woooπŸ’« HooπŸ’«YooooooooπŸ’« What a star, with that stellar performance - truly magnificent. Well done you - all your own work!

I have this vision of you skipping from one shady spot to the next - quick as a whip with that time! Just get on that table under the graduation tree and take a well deserved bow and our adulation 😍😍😍😍😍 πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸŽ“πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’ 🍸🍸🍸

• Thanks Elly 😊😊😊 I have never ever achieved anything like this before - Not sporty at all so your words really make me smile, thank you

• You are the one that made it happen! I'm still beaming, we are all still beaming and bouncing right along with you. Great isn't it? What next?? πŸ€”πŸ˜€πŸ™ƒπŸ˜ŠπŸ™ƒπŸ˜Š

• You absolute deserve that drinky! :) Many Congratulations! :)

• Thanks John 😊 It was delicious

• So very well done biscuit you must have been like a whippet running round, so very pleased for you ,nice bath and your slow gin, what a lovely way to end the day.

VERY Big pat on the back ,

Hope the rest of your weekend goes well xx

• Thanks Pam 😊 Whippet πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ more like this 🐘 !

• Woohoo. Fantastic and I love slow gin - enjoy! πŸ‘πŸ‘

• Thanks Possum, Must say I love the autocorrect that takes sloe gin to slow gin. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I certain would be after a couple of drinks xx

• Didn't even notice! Have tried crab apple vodka by the way. Is also an excellent drink to make πŸ˜€πŸΈ

• Biscuit , let's hope your not sore tomorrow but who cares YOU DONE IT !!!yay x

• Congratulations, graduation, 5k and a cracking time too!

Cause to celebrate indeed!

• Thanks Ully 😊, it was a great way to finish , I'm so lucky to have a Parkrun close by

• Congtulations!☺

• Thanks Sandra 😊

• That's pretty nifty for a first 5k and brilliant for a graduation run! Congratulations and well done! This is just the beginning of your running adventures😎

• Thanks Jay 😊

My name's Biscuit and I am a running addict πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

• My word! Here 🍸🍸🍸 have another! What an AMAZING way to graduate :) 5k, cracking time and a... shiny graduate badge! What a star. Sit back, rest those legs and enjoy the applause πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

• Thanks fellow musketeer πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰ 😍😍😍😍

• That's wonderful and such a great time for your first 5k!!! So many congratulations to you!! That drink looks incredible and so deserved. Well done Biscuit, you must be so proud! :)

• Thanks Melly 😊 It's great to graduate

• Well done! And what a time! Your sloe gin and tonic looks so pretty and delicious. Congratulations. πŸŽ‰

• Wow Biscuit0107...huge congratulations on achieving that run. I think that G & T is definitely well deserved πŸ‘πŸ˜ƒπŸΈπŸŽ‰

You may also like...