W5R3.....completed!!!!

Wow! Beginning to feel just a bit like a proper runner.

Followed all your advice and just took it slow and steady. Felt I could have kept going a few more minutes but decided to keep to the plan. Laura has got me this far so won't push my luckโ˜บ๏ธ

You know those strange people who say they look forward to their next run - well I can understand why now!!

W6 here I come๐Ÿ˜€

10 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Yes, you're one of those strange people now! Welcome to the club!

• Exciting and exhilarating isn't it ๐Ÿ˜€

• Welcome to the strange people club X

Well done completing wk5 run3; a real milestone in the program where you realise you definitely absolutely can do this ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• Well done you! That run's a big mental and physical milestone. You're hooked now, there's no going back :)

• Yep.. as JaySeeSkinny says, sorry, you are one if us now..hooked!

Very well done.. slow and steady is the way!

• Thanks everyone - it is brilliant isn't it!!

I've never been part of a forum before and it really makes me feel I'm not running on my own (even though I am).

Eventually I'd like to join in the local Parkrun. Should I wait until I graduate or would going along now help with the weeks ahead?

• It is brilliant.. and on here, you never run alone.. we take each other with us and they take us.. I have been on some runs, in folk's heads, that I will never be able to do:)

I am.... still...:) not brave enough for a park run.. bur maybe soon..my son in law is gently pushing me :)

But.. there will be loads of advice from folk who have...just you wait! :)

• I am at the same stage and never thought I too would be looking forward to my next longer run. Good luck, you can do it.

• Yay! Well done - a great achievement! I've decided to wait until I graduate before I hit a Park run. Wanted to have a fighting chance of finishing it before collapsing!

• Great stuff ! This is such a turning point in the programme . A real defining moment where you think "Yes I can do this ! "

Well done , it's a toughie and you nailed it ! :-) xxx

You may also like...