W5R3 Completed 😁

Completed the 5th week tonight...never, ever thought I could have done itand had already decided that I would get to 10mins and see how I felt and have a 2min walk break if required. Surprisingly I didn't and kept at a steady pace. Before I knew it I was at 15 mins, then I had finished!!!

It was a tough one but I kept going and felt really great and amazed when I'd completed it!! I never actually thought I'd get this far on the programme to be honest!!! I've now signed up for Park runs and cannot wait to complete W9R3 during my first one 😁

Skip

Featured Content

HealthUnlocked User Stories

How did you improve your fitness, general well-being or cope with your illness?

Share your story

Featured by HealthUnlocked

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

15 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Fantastic! Well done! Superstar 👏

• Well done, sounds like you are doing well and great to have a goal post C25k and for that last run. Good luck.👍

• Brilliant. Well done! You can definitely complete the programme. It's just a matter of keeping up the determination from here on in.

• That's brilliant, congratulations! I think we should all sing a rousing chorus of "You did it" from My Fair Lady! (Google it if you're too young to remember....). :-)

• Well done Lina - first of the big runs under your belt!

• Well done you. Slow and steady...that's the way ,as everyone says. I can not believe that I am starting Week 9 on Tuesday.... I was thrilled when I was able to run for 90 seconds at the start of the programme!!!!

• Thank you! Yes, I remember being thrilled at completing the 90 seconds in the beginning and getting quite nervous about the 3 minute runs!!! Amazing x

• brill you will love parkrun!!

• Well done you! It's a great achievement, revel in your glory - you deserve it. :)

Don't wait for wk9 for parkrun, get along now - you will love the atmosphere (you don't have to be able to run the full 5k; many don't!).

• Congratulations, You should be very proud of yourself for reaching such a Milestone. Here is to many more. Cheers.

• That's brilliant Lina! So well done to you. Whoop whoop!

• Fantastic , Well done ! That's a major milestone you have just overcome .

Keep going , youre doing great ! :-) xxx

• Well done Lina.

W5R3 is a big turning point.

The next big runs are just 2 additional minutes here and 3 additional minutes there!

Good luck!

• Very well done, Lina_Lou. You are a runner now!

• Brilliant Well done!😊

You may also like...