Week 5!

Hi, I am new to this forum but have been running with C25K for almost 5 weeks, following the programmme to the letter and loving it! I just finished run 2 of week 5, but it seems to say that run 3 will be 25 mins of running! But then week 6 goes back to running then walking...I don't understand why this is and I do trust the programme, this just sounds like the podcast is in the wrong place! Can anyone tell me how they got on with this run if this is correct? Thanks! :)

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • It's not wrong!

A lot of people have found this run one of their trickiest! Going back to intervals after a steady run is harder than it sounds. Pacing is often off because you have a false sense of security thinking it's an easy run, and going off too enthusiastically. It's also regarded as a bit of a recovery run to help your body catch up a bit. Have a quick search for W6R1 on this forum and see what others have to say :D Good luck!

• Thanks, Hannah! Tbh I am looking forward to doing this run just to see how far I have come. if you had asked me a month ago about how I felt about it I wouldn't have said that! Just taking it a run at a time. I will look for those posts, thank you! :)

• I always marvel at how far we all come, it's so encouraging :D Keep plodding and let us know how you get on!

• hannah141 is correct... just follow the programmes, slow and steady and you will be fine!

Check the posts as she suggests.. it will help and just carry on :)

• Thanks oldfloss! I am taking it steady but following it to the letter! I am enjoying the runs and look forward to having "graduate" next to my name one day too!

• You are getting there.. the badge is being taken out of its box! :)

You may also like...