Yesterday's Parkrun

Hi everyone,

So the wife and I went back to Market Harborough Parkrun yesterday, we are rotating between MH, Northampton and Corby.

It was a bit different for me this time though as for one reason or another we couldn't get anyone to look after Murphy our two year old. So I elected to do the Parkrun pushing him in his buggy.

I must admit I was a tad apprehensive but it went really well, so much so that I knocked 2 minutes 45 seconds off my time from the last/first MH Parkrun we did a few weeks back, coming in at 30'54 for the 5k.

So another cracking morning courtesy of Parkrun and the brilliant volunteers, I was properly red faced and a sweaty heap at the end but I always have a grin like a Cheshire Cat 😀

It's also good to know that when we are stuck for a Saturday morning sitter we can aways run with the buggy.

I still find in hard to believe that the wife and I had never run before February this year, we are getting so much out of it and are both enjoying it tremendously.

I hope everyone who is running today has fun.

Bob

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I'm doubly impressed! That's got to be another PB next time you do it without the buggy!

• Thanks Digger

• Well done! Great time. I'll bet Murphy loved it too (either that or he slept right through it!!) 

• Thanks Noaky

Yes Murphy did seem to enjoy it, he was very  interested in what was going on.

• That's brilliant Bob, proper family entertainment !

Theres a few with buggys at my local parkrun, its great to see the whole family getting involved ! :-) xxx

• Very impressive!

You may also like...