Couch to 5K
65,319 members98,692 posts

Wk3 run 1 done!

I'm really pleased with myself running for 3 minutes, the longest I've ever run. At the moment I feel as though I couldn't possibly run for longer than that. Is that how everybody felt or am I just very unfit? 

Really enjoying it though, even if I do look the same colour as a tomato by the end! 🏃🍅

12 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done! I'm just about to start on week 4 and had the same feeling as you, although I'm ready to tackle the 5 minute run now! After struggling through Week 1, I didn't think I'd be saying that. Keep going!

3 likes

Thanks, hope I feel like you by the beginning of week 4 :) 

Well done! Don't worry about the next run. You are improving your stamina and your breath and you will be able to run more!

2 likes

Thanks, I hope so. 

It's a good feeling isn't it? I could not run for 90 seconds without gasping and feeling like collapsing! Keep going you'll do fine. :)

1 like

Thanks, that's great to hear and I see that you have graduated so really good to hear it's possible :)

1 like

Getting to 3 minutes will be magical is how I'm feeling after w2r1, well done you!! 

3 likes

Thanks, it did feel magical especially as 90 seconds was hard at first. You will do it too :) 

2 likes

I felt like that with every run but every time I have managed to do the next one without any problem so don't worry you will be fine.

2 likes

It wasn't until week 7 I started feeling that I could continue running for a bit after Laura telling me to slow down and walk.

1 like

I got W3R1 tomorrow up til now it's not been to bad. Slightly apprehensive about week 3.

2 likes

Great job Shireenjoon :-)

When I saw the jump from wk 3 to wk 4 I thought no way, they're gonna kill me! Going from jogging 3 minutes at a time to running even longer?!!! "oh my, no way, it's too much", I thought and said! . Then I slightly pull a muscle in my thigh running 100 yard sprints. It hurt to run but not to jog. So I took a week to heal and jogged instead of doing wk 4 which progressed me to run only. (I use a different app than c25K) - I got to jogging 29 minutes non stop mostly uphill on my healing week!

Today I ran 4, 5, 3 and 3 minutes then added sprints to that afterward. I have noticed that some days I feel like lead and like the work out is going do me in. Other days are days of abounding progress! One day drudgery, work hard and struggle, the next I don't want to stop!  I have never seen anything work like this where I just can't believe I can do that, then I go and d it!. It's amazing how the body just keeps getting stronger.

I have every reason to believe that you will have many, many more days of being pleased and even surprised at what your body can do.

1 like

You may also like...