So after the disaster that was yesterday: healthunlocked.com/couchto5....... I was very cautious on this run going even slower than usual: 5K in 43mins.
But I am still really chuffed I can get my 19 stone man flesh around 5K regardless of the time. Rock on :-).
The run wasn't without incident:
- dog no 1 did a no 2 about 30 seconds in
- dog no 2 did a no 2 about 3 minutes in
- a helpful old lady assumed I had dropped the dog leads and so gave them back to me, not realising I lap the field 4 times and so leave dog 1 and 2's 'presents' in a little pile with the dog leads on top... I say helpful...
- a very unfriendly dog decided to square up against my very wimpy dog and the three yuffs couldn't physically pull him back so I had to separate them
- wow, the sun was hot - I really don't like heat....
So anyways, a great run in all and gave me back a bunch of 'peace of mind' after yesterday's fiasco.
5K - rock on!