W4R1 Crying in the rain

I have just done W4R1! I never thought I could and even contemplated doing W3 again but after reading a lot of advice and positivity on the forum I decided to go for it. Well.... I did it!! Half way through the last 5 minute run the heavens opened and I am sitting here drinking a cuppa and dripping gently on the floor. The oddest thing was that as soon as I finished running I burst in to floods of tears, this was somewhat unexpected as I felt really elated that I had done something I never thought I would. Please tell me that I am not totally cracked and that spontaneous tears are part of the journey. Will pack some tissues for R2 ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

19 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • C25k can be very emotional. Tears of joy are a great way of releasing your emotions, and if it's raining no-one will know the difference between rain drops running down your cheeks or if its sweat or tears running down.

I think we are all slightly mad starting this, but eventually you'll realise, it's the people who don't start this program that are really the mad ones.ย 

• Thanks! I like the idea that I'm normal and it's the others that are mad ๐Ÿ˜„

• Totally agree! :)

• You are NOT mad, cracked, or crazy. You're right to be emotional and proud of your achievement - I jumped in the air whooping like a banshee after most of my C25K runs, scaring the pants off the local short of dog-walkers. Next Sunday I'll be running a race and will probably blub at the end too - and I won't be the only one.ย 

• Good luck with the race! I do feel a bit better now I know it's 'normal' (for runners anyway). Maybe I'll need to take some water with me to rehydrate if it becomes the norm ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Always pack a hankie! ย 

I was out running this morning too. Very drippy return indeed. I had coffee and a homemade energy bar. ย Lovely. Hot bath to follow

Of course you did it! ย We never doubted you for a second. The programme is bomb proof. You just have to trust it. If you follow it to the letter, and go very, very steadily then you'll nail it without further ado. ย Running slow is key as you don't want to get injured. ย Running slowly will allow you to run more smoothly as you won't be so out of puff

You can burst into tears each time you successfully complete a session. If that's what it takes then be our guest. ย Elation is a wonderful thing. Go fill yer boots!

ย ย 

• Thankyou ๐Ÿ˜€ The support from people like yourself on this forum is amazing. I think I see many tears in the future as I plan on succeeding !

• So agree with you... sometimes I laugh at loud.. mild hysteria at completing another run! :)

• Hi miss W, was it you who mentioned where your home made energy bar recipe's could be found in a previous reply? I read it at work and then tried to find it again later and failed...got too distracted reading other posts!

• Fantastic ๐Ÿ˜‚

It's emotional because you're putting so much into it and getting results :)

Well done :)ย 

This is where you hopefully start to believe in the programme but mostly- yourself :)

Definitely have tissues for run 3 on weeks 5 and 6. They too are emotional ones :)

Keep up the good work :)

• Thankyou ๐Ÿ˜€ Maybe I should buy some shares in Kleenex, I think their profits are about to rise!

• Lots of people cry, shout, whoop for joy.. all part of it! :)

Rain is good fun too, learn to embrace it...I have learnt on this running journey to embrace the rain, snow, wind, hail, mud and especially the HILLS!!!!

Well done you! ย Hope you enjoy Run 2..Keep posting! :)

• Maybe you were just sweating from your eyes... ๐Ÿ˜†

Don't worry, you're not "totally cracked"... although, if this is your reaction to reaching halfway, you might need a bucket at the end of week 9. ๐Ÿ˜

• Sweating from my eyes! I may use that excuse next time I watch a soppy movie ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• I cried yesterday morning when I completed Wk5r2; 2 x 8 minute runs. I'm not sure what I will do when I run for 20 minutes tomorrow morning!!! This training plan is life changing. I used to believe I couldn't run. Now I know I can! It's quite amazing! Good luck on your next run.

• Good luck to you too, ย I feel so much better now I know other runners react the same. Remember to take tissues on the next run. X

• It's seasaltwithfood.com. ย The choc espresso bars (choc being cocoa) ย Lovely they are! ย Had one today, post run. They are not baked but just put in the fridge to set and then sliced into bars

• Well done - this is an emotional journey as we come to realise each week just what we are capable of! Be proud!

• You need to release the emotion and tears are agood way to do it. Well done for completing and good luck for runs 2 and 3 โ˜บ

You may also like...