Couch to 5K
60,399 members93,056 posts

Crying in the rain with mum and dad

W9R1 finally here.

Pretty nervous as week 8 was really hard for some reason. And it was raining.

Set off with Desert Island Discs with Sir Terry Wogan.

Walk over - 'OK, set off running now'. And there, as the first choice for Terry was Mum and Dad's song. 'That'll Do' with Peter Gabriel and the Black Dyke Mills Band. And I found myself crying, and couldn't help thinking that mum and dad were willing me on.

And, of course, I did it!! Feel wonderful. And thankful. x

24 Replies
oldestnewest

Crying with you and also willing you on, as we all are. Best wishes for your final week! xx

3 likes

Aw thank you! They were happy tears - sort of...........x

2 likes

Aw good lass! Sir Tezzer too. What good company you were in 🙂✔️🏃‍♀️👍

2 likes

Yes - thanks to someone on this forum recommending Desert Island Discs. Perfect! x

1 like

It's all downhill to the finish line now. Happy last week. Smile through those tears. :)

2 likes

Feel soooo good about this now. It's just so amazing to feel that there is so much support from this forum. Thank you! x

2 likes

Aww, I did exactly the same thing in week 6. Well done for getting this far, good luck with week 9, I'm doing my graduation run later. 😁

2 likes

Oh good luck to you, too! Thank you. x

1 like

Well done, there's nowt like a good song and a cry. Rain is good:)!!!

2 likes

It just felt so amazingly right! It was the first time I had run in rain, and it was actually quite nice. x

1 like

Me too, somehow only had 1 rain run in the whole nine weeks until today. It was really refreshing, part of my run takes me close to the M5 and all the rain was kicking up spray and cars had their wipers on, and there was me and the mutt running away smiling from ear to ear. I'm sure a few people must have thought nutters:)!!!

2 likes

And isn't it nice grinning at passers by as you go past, and shouting a (wet) cheery 'Good Morning!'. x

1 like

Well done, perfect timing and you did them proud. Will look that song up..best wishes for your graduation runs.😊xx

2 likes

Thank you so much. Yes, spookily perfect. Things do seem to happen like that.....x

2 likes

A little bit of courage goes a long long way🎵its lovely I hadn't heard it before.xx

2 likes

Great work, well done to you. I only had 2 runs in the rain in the whole 9 weeks but it was great fun. I have a huge number of songs on a random playlist but somehow it picks out the most appropriate ones for the conditions and mood! Good luck for the last 2 runs ;0)

2 likes

It's true! Last week I was running on a beautiful September morning by the Thames listening to Julian Fellowes Desert Island Discs, and Land of Hope and Glory came on! Perfect. x

1 like

They were right behind you I have no doubt!

2 likes

Going to start tearing up again..............Can just hear my Dad saying - 'Come on lass, shap thissen. Lovely. x

1 like

Oh Babs....what a lovely post...I'm all emotional now & I love that song...from Babe xx They were running along with you...with hearts full of pride, well done & hope the feeling lasts all day xxx ❤️❤️❤️

3 likes

Oh crumbs. Thank you so much. All these lovely posts from all you lovely people. Going to be tearful all day, I can see. x

3 likes

Well done your doing fantastic and yes I bet they are with you all the way, your almost at the finish line so keep going... sending a virtual hug 😀

2 likes

Aw thank you so much. I definitely, absolutely could not have done it without the support of everyone on this forum. x

1 like

Tears being shared here too XX well done they would be very proud of your achievement!

You may also like...