W9R1 X FAIL

Another burning stomach run! I got to 20 minutes of running and my stomach was so sore burning I couldn't do another 10 so just walked another five. I'm so disappointed. I don't know what's causing it but it's so frustrating!!

I ran at lunch time today so longer gap after breakfast. Tbh when I first started doing this I was eating only an hour before I ran and was fine. As the run times increased I thought I should leave a longer amount of time. So two hours or more. Now I'm wondering whether to go back to just an hour. It seems ridiculous because it's against the advice!

I don't really want to take heartburn relief medication before but I might have to!

I'll try again later in the week. πŸ˜”

10 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • It's frustrating to have a bad run so close to graduation πŸ˜” Two hours or more is fine for the long runs, it's what I usually do but I eat a banana 30-45 minutes before the run to give myself energy. I've found that helps.

• Shivani I've noticed a few people saying that. As you say it's so close and I just want to achieve it. I've decided that even if I have to do it all year I'm still going to try πŸ˜ƒ

• Ouch. Have you had this checked out...? Does it just happen when running?

Go get it checked before you start taking stuff...? Then you can think about how to combat it ! :)

• Oldfloss I never had heartburn. Only twice in my life - two pregnancies πŸ˜ƒ. I'm going to eat this morning just an hour before, which I had been doing originally but started to leave a longer gap because I was running for a longer time. I will post my experience after πŸ˜€

• Fingers crossed !

• I like the banana idea best. It's worked for me, but I take heartburn meds anyway. I found running on an empty stomach made it worse.Β 

• Caitlin Β I won't be running on empty this morning. Will post back to let you know how I get on πŸ˜€

• I eat a bowl of porridge and fruit for breakfast then run about 45 mins later. Β I tried empty tummy running but had no energy! Β Don't worry how long it takes to graduate and don't worry about a bad run. Β  I graduated in Feb and ran my first 5k on Saturday but still have to stop a walk on some runs.

• Ucandothis that's exactly what I eat but had been leaving a longer gap two hours instead of an hour. I won't be doing that this morning. I think it'll be trial and error! πŸ˜€

• In case you don't see my latest posts I did it!! Thank you for your encouragement! Ucandothis I had Bfast just an hour before. Worked a treat! Thank you so much πŸ˜€

You may also like...