W7R2 Saved by Rocky Balboa 😊

I've got stiff legs after my weekend walking, plus I'm also redoing week one with my daughter, struggling with the clocks going forward...excuses, excuses, I know!!

Anyway, 11 minutes into yesterdays run I knew I wasn't going to make the rest without emergency measures...had to ditch Laura and crack open the Eye of the tiger anthem, then all my favourite tunes; what a difference it made!

It

never fails to amaze me how much influence my brain has on my body, I completed the full 25 mins, singing my head off with energy to spare; I even managed a little shimmy on the cool down walk πŸ˜‰

Skip

Promoted Content

Download NHS Couch to 5K

The Couch to 5K plan is available as a podcast and app (Apple and Google Play)

Learn more

Promoted by Couch to 5K

13 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Well done! 

• Yes,the brain has a lot of influence on the body, it has to control our workings & actions. But, it can influence emotions too much, so try & turn it off and ignore those gremlins when doing c25k, and follow the programme listening to Laura, after all Rocky was just a fictional character, c25k is for real!

As for blaming the clocks going forward, I just put my clocks forward as I go to bed and then forget about it, works everytime, no problem!😊

• Rocky was a fictional character?? You'll be telling me there's no tooth fairy next ;o)

• Pam finding this encouraging. Love eye of the tiger. I definitely need to get organised with music! 

• It's really helped me, I was singing out loud to the B52s Love Shack this morning, the dog tried his best to pretend he wasn't with me!

• Oh yeah, nowt like a good tune for keeping the spirits up. Trouble is I was doing more jigging than running the other day and it wastes energy as I was bouncing too much. Ah well, lesson learned. We'll just have to remember to sing without bouncing or save it til the end. 

Enjoy the next run!

• A decent sports bra sorted out all my jigging ;o)

• Ah, hang on, I'm confusing jigging, with jiggling, aren't I?!

• Get you..little shimmy indeed!!!!

It sounds absolutely wonderful! Well done...:)

• Thank you Lady Floss, I thought it was wonderful, the dog just looked embarrassed!

I hope you're feeling better x

• Well... that's dogs for you:)

Knee is.. well not sure.. still cannot put weight on it in any going upward way...hmm. But can walk... so always a bonus!

Thanks x

• Haha well done i have the whole "rocky story" on my phone 10 inspirational songs when i need them which is a lot.

• Now that is a tune! will have to try and find that for the last 3 minutes of my run, well done on the run you are catching up to me....ha

You may also like...