Yay Rocky!

I've just come back after a week of knee pain and was really struggling with W6R2. I had my music on random but was feeling too sorry for myself to listen properly.

I had just made my mind up to give up with two minutes to go when The Rocky Balboa theme started to play.

I would have laughed if I'd got the breath, but I got my head down and ran.

I did it. I got to the end of the second ten minutes with a smile on my face!

Thanks oh gods of random chance, and thanks Rocky, you're a star 😆

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done lol! Certain tunes can really give you a superhuman boost. I struggled with that run too and I didn't even have any knee pain!

• Well done you....:)

• Mmmmm...Might put that on my playlist!

& well done for the run👍

• Well done! I often get "saved" by my music. I got Nina Simone yesterday "Feeling Good" 😃 Oh and Freebird, which I thought fit the bill quite nicely

• Freebird!!! That's one for my playlist. Great song :)

• Thanks all. Knees not too bad this morning. I did my stretches and had an ice pack on them. Should be ok for the last of W6.

• I was out with the hound this morning and couldn't stop singing Eye of the Tiger but with my own made up words. Rising up, back on the street, shall we take picnic or broll-y .... tum ti tum 🐕🏃‍♀️🌨💨

• Ha ha brilliant!

• Last week when I was struggling to finish a run I had Guns'n'Roses singing "It's easy, easy, so f***ing easy" in my ear. It made me laugh at how wrong it was but it got me to the end. The right music really does help.

• It makes you wonder how far we could go with a whole playlist of these songs 😁

You may also like...