Finished week 7

Finished week 7

So today I finished week 7. Bizarrely Ibfound today's 25 minute run a lot harder than all the other 25 minute runs. My calfs really hurt and was not sure if I could do it, but I pushed through and managed to complete it. Really nervous about increasing the time by 3 minutes to start week 8 off next week!

(Photo is a view from the trail where I ran today)!

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Fantastic photo and a great run too. Maybe try some flex and stretch exercises on ur rest day, I find that helps a lot. Keep the pace slow and steady too, no extra points for speed at this stage, u need to do the time - speed will come naturally as you go along without even trying after u graduate.

• Yes, I'm stretching out as much as poss on my rest day! I'm also trying to strengthen and increase flexibility in both my ankles as previously I had a tendency to hurt my ankles doing very little indeed - but since I've been doing this c25k programme my ankles have been fine! I feel they are stronger than ever!

• Brilliant.. well done!

I finished Week 7 today too... but I have to say, there was no sunshine trail here... very, very wet indeed...!

Yes, the extra three minutes next run does seem a bit daunting doesn't it? But we will do it! :)

• Gags, it may be sunny here in California, but it is freezing! Getting ready for some snow and this morning I scraped ice off my car! How did your 28 minute run go today?

• Ooops, autocorrect. I meant hahaha (not gags)!

• What is the building?

I really struggled on week 7 run 1 yesterday.

In fact my calves were so achey I had trouble sleeping :(

I think I might need to do week 7 twice.....

• No shame in repeating weeks. It's no competition!

My calves ache so much when I run. Keep going, you're doing great!

The building is within Lema Ranch in Redding, California.

• Hey, I've just posted a similar story on day 1 for week 7, how did you get on for day 2?? I'm 2 weeks behind you....it's starting to get harder now! Lol

• I honestly don't remember. My calfs eventually stopped hurting. Now they only hurt if I run up hills! Basically, it was a matter of pushing through the pain and when the time increased instead of saying "this is the extra 3 minutes" I would tell myself "this is my new normal". Hope this helps! :) You can do it!

You may also like...