Who Knew!

Just a bit of bragging :)

In the past week I have ran to total distance of 13 miles in just over 2 hours (not all in one go mind you) at an average pace of 10.08 mins per mile. Who knew that when I did week 1 run 1 on 4th April this year I would ever be capable of that and loving every minute of it? Now 2 stone lighter and a hell of a lot more fitter it makes life just that bit better :) To top it off I have managed to talk somebody to go to parkrun with me on Saturday hooray I shall finally turn up.

Thanks for the support guys

11 Replies

oldestnewest
  • And well done you, which area is the park run out of curiosity ?

• I have the choice of 3, all are about 20 min drive from me. Newcastle, Gateshead and South Shields, we are going to try the Newcastle one as its the flattest.

• Great stuff, good luck, don't forget to register and print your barcode off.

• lots of my friends do the one at Chester le Street Riverside Park which is also pretty flat!

Well done on achieving both the weight loss and fitness gain :-) I'm just starting out on week 1, so hopefully I'll have a similar story to tell by the end

• And don't forget to register your club as NHS C25k!!

Yay!!! This running thing just makes life so worthwhile, eh?

Keep running, keep smiling.

• Brag away - you've done well and deserve to!

Keep up the good work and enjoy your parkrun - I am also planning on going to my first one this weekend.

:) xx

• Fantastic! I'm curious, when did you realise you were much fitter? I've just been on w7 r1 and felt pretty unfit I have to say, even though I'm better than w1...

• It was on my third attempt at week 8, couldnt believe how much easier run 3 was compared to the first time I tried it. I have got to the stage now where I can do 3 miles running 1hour at the gym and go 30 mins swim in one day and feel great afterwards.

• That's great Tulip. Good on you! :-D

• What a Brilliant post to read! Be very, very proud of yourself.

• I think that deserves a zip a dee doo dah! Great stuff. Running like a pro and losing weight. Well done you. You deserve a pat on the back. Good luck with Parkrun. It's a blast

You may also like...