feeling nervous about W4 r1tomorrow

Will I be able to run for 5 mn? Such a big challenge for me as I have never been a sporty person. Two years ago I joined Pilates classes twice a week and the more I go the more I enjoy it. I hope running becomes an habit. Think of me tomorrow as I'll be doing W4r 1 early in the morning, the weather being very hot here in Brittany.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I'm sure you will be fine Jabellik, at the start of April I hadn't run since I left school (a long time considering I turned 50 in May), now I'm on w9 and looking forward to graduating.

I won;t tell you it's easy because frankly it often isn't but if you stick to the programme and listen to Laura you will succeed - remember you've already competed a third of the programme!

Best of luck!

• Thank you very much Stevie !

• You CAN do it and you WILL do it. Such a huge achievement. Well done!

• Thank you very much for helping me !

• Yes, you most definitely will be able to! Just remember to pace yourself! I am on week four too and only managed the five minutes because of this!

• Thank you for your reply !

• Take it steady, don't rush and you should be fine. I started 4 months ago and just a few minutes felt so hard then. I could not run at school without getting out of breath and stitches. Two days ago I took part in a 10k event. It really is possible!

• You're doing great ! Thank you for helping me.

You may also like...