Nearly talked myself out of it!

So I've just got back from W4R1. I was planning on going this morning but the rain put me off. Feeling very proud of myself now and very pleased I went! Didn't find it as hard as I had convicnced myself it was going to be.

I had to remind myself half way through why I'm doing this. This time last year I had just finished having chemo and radiotherapy. To say I felt ill, frail and old (at 35!!) is an understatement. So I'm running to prove to myself I'm a fit, strong healthy woman - it's working.

Roll on the next run......i can do this!

8 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Well done, was it easier to run at night???

• Thank you! No, I think much prefer the mornings, it seems to wake me up for the day. Now I'm buzzing and not sure I'll sleep! Well done on completing week 3. Not sure I can give you any advice on your questions. I have a comfy Nike sports bra (but I'm only very tiny) and I run outside, so no one to stare at me.

• Your lucky, I made a mistake tonight I drank coffee after a night run. Now it's 3 am and I feel wide awake

• Nooo, poor you. I don't drink coffee in the afternoon/evening anymore as it keeps me awake. Maybe decaf next time??

• You could be right, still on the plus side it means I can read. I have read four chapters tonight so far

• Every cloud has a silver lining. Haha. Hope you manage some sleep soon, I look forward to reading about your w4 runs in a couple of days. Looks like you are doing a good job at the gym!! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

• What a hard journey that must have been. Well done you for getting through it and for starting to run. Stay strong and healthy :) Happy running xx

• Brilliant, well donex

You may also like...