Waikiki 5 K

Waikiki 5 K

I normally wake early - but the morning after a 9 hour flight, I woke at 6.30 AM (Geez - I am getting old!!). So - a quick change had me onto the beach at Waikiki 15 minutes later- and WHO ARE ALL THESE PEOPLE? AND WHY ARE THEY GETTING IN MY WAY AS I DO AN EASY 5K ALONG THE WAIKIKI ESPLANADE. There are too many fitness freaks here for me - -walking,running - it's worse than San Francisco . I thought that all Americans are supposed to be fat and cant run - definitely not here! But I do like it - I can see why it is so popular! I will definitely get in another run tomorrow morning before we leave Oahu.

C25K did this to me!!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • You get to run in some fantastic places Bazza! Enjoy.

• It's great running by the sea innit? Lucky you, running your way around the world...have you plotted all the places you've run on a map?

• Genuinely globe-trotting! Fab post Bazza :-)

• My stereotypical view of Americans is that they fall into two discrete groups. Obese or ultra-thin fitness fanatics - so I wouldn't be surprised at an overcrowded seafront early in the morning. I hope they get out of your way for your run tomorrow!

Strangely, none of the many Americans I know fall into either of these categories (OK, perhaps one would be in the former group), but somehow the image remains....

• You definitely need to make the most of it! Enjoy

• Honolulu eh? Long way to go just for a run Bazza.

• wow...you are a very cosmopolitan runner, what a delightful place to run :)

• Much quieter this morning - went out earlier before Dawn. Very humid however - about 98% and 24C.

• I was there in October last year, Bazza, and did exactly the same. Great place to run but you do have to navigate around the 'tourists'. Enjoy!

You may also like...