W6R2

A perfect morning for a run with sunshine and a more civilised time at 7am. I have finally got my clothing right with fewer layers. As I run for longer my core temperature is higher and I need less layers. Next step is to put together a running play list as I had it on shuffle this morning with some really random tracks from opera to 80s. 25 minutes run next which I can't quite imagine but I know I need to start slow. I haven't experienced the endorphins but hope they kick in soon.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Yep go nice and slow and you'll nail that run

Good luck

• I get the endorphins afterwards, it's like a sort of slightly exhausted thrilled state. I didn't realise this was endorphins at first, but for example in the morning after a run I need less coffee and my brain feels really busy and positive. Maybe you're getting a very slight endorphin effect, but yet to really feel it.

• Ruth. I get it then. I have more energy. Feel better about things so that must be endorphins. Unfortunately they don't imorove my running -yet but hopefully will do.

You may also like...