Thanks to this great community

Hi,

This is my first post, I felt I needed to say thanks to all of you before 2014 is gone.

I'm 41 years old, female and I started running last July. I complete C25 in nine weeks and I've running since then. Now, I'm running 35/40km a week.

It was an amazing change in my life. I moved to London 18 months ago as a "trailing spouse" and it was really difficult for me, I won 7 kg (1 stone?) in few months and I felt sad and ugly. Running helped me recover my self-esteem and my sense of achievement.

I've been reading your posts and it gave me a feeling of being part of something, thanks again and happy new year!

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Joela happy new year to you :D another success story from C25K :D well done and happy running :D

• well done to you! hoping I can follow in your footsteps, thanks for sharing xxx

• Welcome to the forum - You are doing brilliantly - 35K a week is tremendous - a real achievement - well done and a very happy new year to you. :)

• Yeah that's loads. Your figure will benefit and you'll be sylph-like in no time, fit as a butcher's dog too.

Run your way through 2015 as we are all hoping to do

• Hi and welcome! What a fantastic distance each week! Glad it's made such a difference. It's wonderful having this virtual running team for support, encouragement and sharing isn't it? Running buddies who 'get it' the length and breadth of the country and beyond!

• Fantastic Joela well done and Happy New Year

• Hello. Sounds like you're doing incredibly well and you're doing an inspirational distance! Happy New Year!

You may also like...