W5 R3 Done:)

I can't believe it but I have just done run 3 of week 5. After W4 I felt a bit despondent as I struggled with R3, managed to complete it but felt rubbish so wasn't sure whether to try W5. Thanks to all the amazing support on here I was encouraged to give it a go. Managed R1 and 2 ok then went on holiday to the Peak district with a friend who is a runner. Went running with her on Tues and Fri and managed 15 mins each time without stopping. Not the 20 mins I was supposed to do for R3 but for me a great achievement for 2 reasons. Not only was this the first time I have ever had the confidence to run outside but some of it was up quite a steep hill and I managed to get to the top!!!! Back home on my treadmill today and I've just completed R3, I'm so happy right now :)

9 Replies

• Well done. Its really nice when you can see the improvement isnt it?

Running outside is nice too.

• Thanks Zev. Will be running outside again on Tuesday so looking forward to that as it is so much nicer than the treadmill :)

• well done weeble :D that 20mins is a big achievement :D keep it up :D

• Thank you, I too will have a nice shiny badge like yours one day :)

• Peak district - treadmill. Not much difference! LOL

Take your running outside and it'll lift your mood because the scenery changes constantly and holds your interest

Good luck with Week 6. Go slowly with week 6! Take it steady and you'll get through it.

• Thanks for the advice. Will definitely be running more outside when I can. Treadmill seemed so boring this morning.

• Well done... that's one of those runs that feels so good when completed... keep going, you're doing great :-)

• Thanks very much. I still can't believe it's only 5 weeks since I thought running for 1 minute was tough going :)

• Yes and hope it continues like that for us all!!... when you are doing the final weeks (and you will :-) ) you will look back a wonder why you worried about 20mins when you complete 28 or 30 mins. :-)

You may also like...