Week 8 Run 1 oooo nearly there now !

Week 7 went better than expected, considering the dose of man flu ! In fact, each of the 25 minute runs was better than the one before :) It was the first week when I didnt run to plan. All previous weeks I've run monday wednesday friday at 6am. Well this time, I already knew on thursday evening that the man flu was toooo bad to run. So I postponed run 3 until Saturday morning. I left the house at 9am on saturday, so this was my first run in the daylight. I guess it was a combination of the time of day and the fact that it was a saturday, but quite a few other people along my river side route, half of them running too. :)

I'm guessing it was because I was running in daylight, but this time when Laura said 1 minute to go, I had already reached where Laura said stop running on run 2 :)

So this morning was monday run 1 week 8. It went well, it didnt feel like a bad pace, but... I only ran the same distance in 28 minutes this morning that I had run in 25 minutes on saturday. That's the difference running in the dark I guess. I'm not bothered by it. Just pleased to have got this far :)

So, a rest tomorrow, and another 28 minute run on wednesday. Maybe try push a bit more then :)

Happy running everyone :)

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Amazing isn't it when you see how far you've come since the start of the program. What are you going to do when you Graduate?

• I think when I graduate that I'll repeat week 9 until I feel comfortable moving on to the C25K+ podcasts. I'm particularly interested in adding distance rather than speed. I think speed will probably come on its own as my fitness builds. I'll have to take my phone along for the ride on week 9 just to see how far I'm actually running.

You are right, looking back at the progress is a bit jaw dropping :)

Its good having the program and Laura to stop you over training, injuring yourself and having to stop for a while. I'm hoping that I dont over train once Laura is no longer there to guide me.

• Sounds like a good plan. In the absence of Laura I assume having every other day as a rest day will help for starters. I'm not running very far yet but I am enjoying it.

• Well done Zev :D last week was my 1st run in the dark, it definitely felt different :D good luck with the rest of the week :D

• Thanks Rob :)

You may also like...