First post Ramadan Parkrun - 24:58

First post Ramadan Parkrun - 24:58

Hi all!

I hope you are all well.

This is my first post in a while because I have been on a Ramadan hiatus. During this time Barking Parkrun had their yearly awards ceremony and I was awarded the 3rd place trophy in the points competition! The photo is me and my daughter who is holding the trophy.

My first post Ramadan run was a 5km run on Thursday which I complete in 29 minutes. It was tough but I was very happy to be running again. Today was my second run and I pushed it a bit. I ran the first 2.5km at a strong pace but I made sure to leave enough energy to push on at the end. I ran the 2nd 2.5km faster than the first and was very happy with the time. My aim is to get back up to PB pace (21:45) in about 6 weeks. I have now run 43 Parkruns so hope to be able to challenge my PB on my 50th run.

Happy running all and here is a link to my run:

connect.garmin.com/modern/a...

13 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done Aftab. Well deserved. Do you feel you have lost a lot of condition over your month off?

• Thanks. I have lost a fair amount of conditioning over the month. I would have been able to run a fairly comfortable 5km in 23:30 last month but this 25min run was difficult at the end. But I think I will be back to speed fairly soon.

• Very well done Aftab! Bet you're glad to get back into your running! Lovely picture of you with your daughter. :) :) :)

• Thanks!

• Welcome back Aftabs - Eid Mubarak. Lovely photo of the awards ceremony (and still a very enviable 5k time, despite the month off, I must say). I did my 10th parkrun today - only another 40 to go before I get the t-shirt (and I don't think I can pass as a Junior parkrunner these days!!)

• Thanks. Well done on the 10th Parkrun. Keep it up and you will be there before you know it.

• Many congratulations on your success- Amazing Parkrun figures! The photo is lovely and your daughter looks very pleased with the trophy.

• Well done Aftabs - looking for forward to seeing you in your Parkrun 50 t shirt shortly

• You da maaaaan Aftabs! That's a brilliant time. I think you are the fastest C25K'er on this forum so well done and good luck with building your post ramadan stamina back up!

• Thanks Dan. Much appreciated. I'm planning a gentle 10km tomorrow which will contribute to getting my stamina back.

• Good to see you back Aftabs and your time is still great, even after a month off! Lovely photo too :)

• Thank you!

• Well done Aftabs - nice to see you back again. I'm sure you'll soon be back to your best!

You may also like...