Two 5k runs in a week - yay!

Apart from one week I've run 3 times every week since graduation. Have done a 5k run each week but this morning I ran my second 5k run of the week :-).

I really feel I've got the hang of this now - I know what speed to run to achieve the 5k run. Was really pleased to knock off 2 minutes today - 5.09k in 37:40 ave speed 8.1kmph - not sure how good or bad that is, but I'm chuffed.

Now who knows, I might manage 3 x 5k next week :-)

Have a great weekend everyone :-) :-)

11 Replies

• That's quite speedy, Pinkangel - and over 5k that is a lot of good breathing!

• Do you know what, it is all in the breathing! :-)

• Well done - getting better all the time!

• Thanks, not often I get better at anything any more! :-)

• Well done pinkangel - knocking 2 minutes off your time is fantastic - happy running

• Ah thanks, I am a happy runner! :-)

• Sounds brilliant to me! I'm not quite there yet, can manage a couple of KM at that speed but not all of them, and haven't got to 5 yet.. - so well done.

• Well with all those hills around you Curly I'm not surprised!

Not sure what the high and low speeds were, but I was happy with that for an average - I did feel I had to work at it though - but hey ho, that's the fun of it :-)

• Great running, your commitment is agreat example to us all

• Hi Justtoes, are you new here?

If you are then welcome :-)

And thank you, I started the programme in April a complete non-runner, followed it to the t, and now enjoy regular running - feeling all the better for it :-) :-)

• Hi Pinkangel, I have been slack but as the weather warms up I will start again. I have had a cold and find running difficult with my breathing. I will start again on week one soon. I find exercise on u tube to keep my fittness going. I have not run before but I am enjoying it. Keep up the good work. Thanks Lynn

You may also like...