Goodbye Couchy person.....hello runner person!

Got up at 5.30am this morning to go out and do S3 of wk6. First 5 minutes were a struggle, bit in middle ok, legs heavy for last 5 minutes but when Laura said try and up your pace for the last minute I had to! And when she said I was now a runner my beaming smile said it all.

I am in awe of what I have acheived with my unfit, overweight, oldish body!

Good luck to those out for their C25K sessions today.

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done you! It's an amazing feeling, isn't it - being able to run. I am still in awe of what my body can do! Keep it up, graduation is just around the corner...

• Well done you! It's an amazing feeling, isn't it - being able to run. I am still in awe of what my body can do! Keep it up, graduation is just around the corner...

• That's brilliant, well done :-).

It's a great moment when she calls you a runner isn't it. But when she says to run faster for the last minute to finish on a high, I used to think that just finishing was high enough for me thank you!

We were out at the same time today then - I love running at that time. In fact I can't run in the evening any more..

Enjoy the rest of the day - you've had the best start :-) :-)

• Thanks PA. When I started I went out in the evening but found I was thinking about it all day and was tired after a day at work but love going out early in the morning. Excellent start to the day.

• Congratulations you runner you! It's quite amazing to look back and reflect upon what you have achieved.....well done you're almost there.

• Never mind us grad types babbling on about half marathons and faster 5ks, this particular moment is what it's all about. I remember the exact same feeling and it was the real turning point for me when the programme moved on from being an exhausting grind to being something I just couldn't wait to get out the door to do the next run.

Purplehedgepig, a runner indeed!!!!!

• Fabulous... Well done great feeling :)

• Well done! Week 6 is the hardest (well I thought it was) so now that's over you're batting downhill

Keep up the momentum and good spirits and you'll soon be done

• Well done! It is an exciting time when she announce you are now a runner ! No long to go now...

You may also like...