W6R3 A runner?! who me!

This was the first time I wasn't sure if I was going to keep my plan to run on a set day. Why? well I woke with a headache, think I had my neck in a funny position when asleep and my nose was all bunged from the cold. Also there was thick fog when I looked out the window. But after taking the pups for a quick wander the fresh air helped my head start to clear and the fog was starting to lift so off I went (after the obligatory Lemsip and cough mixture).

Once again I held Laura off for a couple of minutes when I went out the door so I would be at the top of the hilly bit by the time my warm up was done. Then at her command off I trundled. 5 minutes down, all good. First time I've had to mark time on the spot at the traffic lights while a bus and lorry tried to both get into a tight road, but I was determined not to stop moving. I was thinking the second 5 minutes were taking forever when 'herself' pops up to tell me that 12 1/2 minutes had passed and I was half way through my run! Fantastic that means I'm on the homeward section. As I carried on I realised that I wasn't thinking about my breathing or legs they were automatically doing what they should.

I enjoyed Laura's little final minute challenge of upping the pace and found that I could do that too without too much hassle and without my lungs feeling like they would explode. Then she said the immortal words that I am a runner! really ?! I think I might start to believe her after I've managed 3 big runs in a week so hopefully, if all goes to plan by the end of W7R3 I will start to believe.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • When you find you can speed up in that last 60 seconds, it's a revelation isn't it!

Now you know you can do 25 minutes, you can relax and enjoy week 7. You know why? Because 'You are a runner' 😊😊😊

• Magic😄 Believe..you are doing just great. Well done that all sounds very satisfactory 😉xxx

• I remember the day Laura said that to me too! Feels good doesn't it? And yes, of course you are a runner - believe! 🙂

• If Laura said it then it must be true! :)

• I remember Laura saying that to me! Great run - well done :)

• Thanks everyone. Proof in the pudding tomorrow as I start W7. Just hoping there's no snow or ice around. I'll keep you posted x

You may also like...