Expected a crap run but it didn't happen!

I really didn't feel like running this morning, and even as I finished my warm up walk I was thinking, "What am I doing?" Strangely, I managed to knock about 3 minutes off my previous PB, and even better, I managed to keep my speed fairly consistent throughout (something which has been an issue for me). Just need to get a grip of this hayfever and maybe I'll finally nail the elusive 5km!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

13 Replies

oldestnewest
  • It's funny how it turns out that way sometimes. Well done for the PB.

• Thanks!

• It's amazing how many times I've read similar stories i.e. not feeling up to a run but did it anyway and out of the blue, a PB :) Well done :)

• And yet when I was really up for it last Sunday, I struggled. How odd!

• Wow, a great run on many levels; very well done indeed! Bet you're so glad you went out now! :-)

• Very glad! The head gremlins only lasted about 2 minutes, instead of the usual 6 or 7!

• well done, I can run a 5k, or at least kinda run for 5k, but very slow, my speed is non existent !

• Well done on the 5k! I am doing 4k in 27 minutes, and I'm hoping to try for 5k next weekend, although I've managed to get a minor hip flexor strain from riding a bike that was too small for me, but hopefully that will be gone by then.

• 5k takes me 50 minutes Delilah but feels good to do it without stopping ( at least it does when its over !! )

• Well done Delilah. Don't you just love those runs that turn out to be unexpectedly great? :)

• Hey there Delilah, well done ! Sounds like you had a great run :-) xxx

• Well done Del!

• Wow! Good going! Three minutes is significant isn't it?

You may also like...