The unrecognised inventor of fartlek,

Got to share this, was explaining the theories on fartlek to my husband when he started grinning, ( I thought the word fartlek was having the usual effect on him ) but no, apparently as a kid, he shared a bike, 1 bike, 2 friends, so the one with the bike cycled 2 lamp posts, whilst the one with out run 2 lamp posts, then they would swop, according to my husband him and his friend invented fartlek !

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Brilliant :) :) :)

• Love it

• Yes tell him I bet he did , they stole his idea, he & his friends are behind fartlek !!!

• Brilliant :)

• Funnily enough, now you come to mention it, we used to do the same with a pair of old roller skates, the sort that came with a key that you buckled onto your shoes. I'd skate a couple of lamp posts and my friend would run, then we'd swap over. Happy days :)

• We just shared the bike. Either the passenger used the seat and the cyclist did not sit or the passenger sat on the crossbar, not suitable with a girls bike although they often had a bag carrier behind that you could sit on re: Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

You may also like...