Fell down... Literally

So... I was up to w4r1 and somehow took fright. I mean, Id done run 1, and found it okaaaaay - not brilliant, but just about doable. Then, due to stress and fatigue and a lack of application, I stopped for 2 whole weeks. And THEN, just as I'd told myself I was back in the game I fell down the stairs and really hurt my coccyx, so that was another 2 weeks. Now, I'm not completely fixed, but my back doesn't hurt when I'm walking. So, I'm about to take myself back to week 3 and start again. Please wish me luck and resilience and strength of mind. I really need it.

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Really good luck chica. Don't be too down on yourself if you find w3 tough, you've been out for quite a few weeks now. Slow and steady is the name of the game -(well actually running is the name of the game, but slow and steady is a good mantra) :)

Keep posting and let us know how you get on

• You know what, it wasn't nearly as bad as it might have been. Was after 7am, so was quite a lot warmer than I've been used to, and I came back rather drippy. But great news is that I managed the whole of the walk/run sequence without too much bother and without significant bottom ache. Back out again tomorrow - 6am this time.

• Ahh! Certainly wish you all good luck. The fact that you are getting out there again proves you already have the resilience. You can do this! Good luck!

• Thank you! I did it :-)

• All the best of luck. It helps me on "lack of application " days to browse the posts on this forum. It's often got me out of the door sometimes because I've been inspired, and sometimes just because I want to carry on feeling part of this thing! Go you! :)

• I've really come to appreciate the value of having a support forum. So many lovely people willing to take the time to support one another. Thank you!

You may also like...