YAY! Finally got there!

Completed the final run of week 9! I'm still in shock and can't believe I've finally got there. Somewhere in the middle of this 9 week course I was starting to think that it was made for elderly's or women that had put on a bit of baby fat after a pregnancy. But it's really not!!! I cannot praise this course enough. I started week 1 weighing 151 kg (Yes I'm ashamed to say) and at week nine. I'm now 142 kg. I haven't really noticed the weight coming off, but the difference to my fitness levels is immense. This is something that I'm definitely going to carry on. I can't believe the difference it has made to my lifestyle. When I started, I was having flashbacks from cross country running at school, which was the last time I had run and was never pleasant. But as the weeks went by with Laura motivating me on, I realised around week 7 mark that I had achieved loads and that it was definitely do-able.

I've recommended C25K to literally everyone I know. And for anybody thinking that they're never going to get there or on the brink of giving up, all I can say is, it really does work and don't give up. If I can do it, so can you! - yes I also realise that sounds really cheesy, but it's true. lol!

11 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Congratulations. Fantastic feeling isn't it. I completed mine on Friday. Just been out for a run without Laura but music from rock my run. Felt great. What a great achievement x well done

• Well done, cant wait for it to be me !

• Congratulations. Cheesy is fine. :) Great achievement. It's a fab feeling to find something you enjoy doing AND is good for your physical and mental health! Happy running!

• Congrats!!!! Like chappamadog I graduated on Friday and I'm working on a song list to help me now Laura has gone. I feel the exact way you do and have been waxing lyrical about the programme to everyone. It is an amazing programme and as you said really does work.

• congratulations that is a fantastic achievement....I hope you continue to enjoy it, well done :)

• Congratulations. I hope you feel proud of your achievement. Enjoy your post grad running!

• Congratulations! Looks like lots of us graduated this weekend!

• Bravo, fellow runner. Welcome to the graduate club.

• Well done: enjoy the smug glow (I'm enjoying mine!)

• Congratulations! Hope I will say the same in 4 weeks :)

• Fabulous! Enjoy your running, you are a great advert for the programme.

You may also like...