Turkey trotting

Turkey trotting

Got to turkey yesterday (Icmeler ) woke this morning & was out of bed , excited to be doing wk 8 r1 here , I had all my gear laid out ready o/h thought I'd lost plot "running on holiday" ! Anyway completed it but next one I'm going earlier coz boy it was a hot one ! I wasn't the only one, there where a few runners around. I completed it with no problem from the old hip , then I treated my self to a lovey Turkish bath & massage in the hotel . It's got the lot jacuzzi , indoor & outdoor pool sauna . Ooh I'm going to push the boat out while I'm here . Here's a pic where I run along . Happy running

Last edited by

13 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Lucky you! Beautiful part of the world. Get someone to drop you off at the junction on top of the mountain road up behind Icelmer to Turunc, and then run/walk downhill to one or the other: either way shouldn't be more than 5km to 6km, maybe breezier and a little cooler, and the views are STUNNING, to both places. Take water!

• Ooh that does sound lovely

• Wow that looks lovely! Glad your hip was ok too. I'm worried about running on holiday next month- may be too hot for me so I will probably have to use the gym. Enjoy the rest of your hols x

• Yes I was in two minds to use treadmill in gym glad I didn't , one I'm not a big fan of them , I really enjoyed it outside

• That looks amazing ! ....and what better incentive for "running on holiday "( your o/h's comment made me smile) than those lovely pampering treatments afterwards...then maybe a cheeky cocktail by the pool ?

Have a fab holiday :)

• Hi rockette

Lovely spot for swimming in the sea

Attaturk park is not far away either, via marmaris, and somewhere to escape the crowds

• I haven't heard of that park , I'll look into that Misswobble .

• Looks beautiful and what a great day you've had . I'm planning to take running stuff to Spain in couple of weeks Just can't imagine week without a run . Enjoy rest of your holiday

• Oh yes do take it , int it funny how we get so hooked to running & how it can fit in anywhere , seemed funny listening to Laura & running in such a lovely setting .

• oh how wonderful this looks filled with envy!!!

• How lovely!! Glad you are okay and the hip has been fine. Running on holiday is good - you have the time. Back to the dreaded treadmill though for me next week. Running in New York is not a great idea! Enjoy the rest of your hols! :)

• Have you run in Central Park yet , ? I wanted to but couldn't ( injury) when I visited .

• It's my first trip. We are staying on fifth avenue. Maybe I should give a try!! Thank you :)

You may also like...