Argh!

So started week 5 run 1 today. Did the first 5 min run no problem, even conquering my first hill! Unfortunately as I started the second run it was on a bit of a steep downhill road and within 1 minute I had sprained my knee :-(. I had to walk the rest of the route home and am now sitting with an ice pack on it. I'm hoping I can get back out there on Wednesday, but gutted my run ended miserably today

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Oh no! I just did my W5R1 and I have a niggly lowerback/hip/sciatica problem which I hope will settle down for Wednesday's run. I know how frustrating it is, to be failed by the body rather than the mind! Especially as we have done so well to keep at it 3 times a week. Rest up and I hope that all is well with your knee as soon as possible.

• Rest it and use ice, compression and elevation. If it seems to improve then give Wednesday's run a try. If not then you may have to be patient for a while. It's rotten luck I know. Hope it gets better soon. Good luck and best wishes.

You may also like...