Finished Week 3 with a sprint !

Went to Parkrun this morning - and did final day of C25k Week3 as part of the timed 5K event. What with the 5 minutes before and after warmup/cooldown and the 18 minutes of the running/walking, I still had a little way to go to the finish line so I just continued a run/walk until I got to 100 metres from the finish line and finished with a fast sprint. I was actually amazed at how much energy I was able to pull out for the sprint after the 5ks - but I had run the C25K part at a slow pace. End of a good week for me.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done! Was that your first parkrun? It's funny how we can find a little extra when the finish line is in sight. ;-)

• No - that was about my 5th Parkrun. Mostly I have had quite enough at the end of the "race" - not knackered though! But this time, I could feel that I still had gas in the tank so I spent it!! :) I started out using 1:1 run/walk ratio at Parkrun - but lately I just use the same Run/walk ratio that the current week used. So, for example week 3 was 1.5:1.5 and 3:3 , so I programmed those intervals into Runkeeper on my phone. This next Saturday will be 3:1.5 and 5:2.5 intervals.

You may also like...