5k, can't quite believe it!

Having only run 4k so far, last weekend I registered my valentine's quest to run 5k, however long it took me, with some trepidation. The next day I actually completed it. I had mapped my route using gpmapometer and thought i'll just go really slowly and see what happens. 45 minutes later and with the help of great conditions (except for the 2 very long very cold very deep puddles) i just kept going till i got there, very very slowly!

I did think i should have done this by now, it was the psycological battle that i didn't think i could manage.

I was all excited thinking I would do it again a few times before 14 Feb so i knew i really could do it and it wasn't just a fluke! But a couple of days ago i slipped over on some uneven gravel and shredded my knee, feel about 5 years old!

Hopefully will get back out there in a couple of days.

Quite proud about the 5k, for the first time i think i can really say i'm a runner now. :-)

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • C-O-N-G-R-A-T-U-L-A-T-I-O-N-S!!!! That's awesome...sorry about your knee....take care if it and you will be up and running in no time...You have encouraged me...tomorrow I will go for my Saturday run...I'm on w10r3 of the c210k, I think i'll skip run 3 and just take a long run and try and do 4 miles really slow. I can barely do 3 but I think I need to push myself so hearing you say that you took it really slow and did 3 miles in about 45 min like me gave me more confidence.

• Congratulations!!! Brilliant news!

• That's fantastic and a great feeling too... Well done on nailing the 5k... I hope your knee feels better soon... :)

• Woohoo! Well done - look after that knee and then you'll be out there running more 5Ks.

• That's brilliant well done! My route takes me through many puddles too and I am beginning to get used to it as some are completely unavoidable at the moment. It's great you reached your target before th 14th Feb though!

• Looking forward to less rain, and there i was worried about coping with summer! Thank you for posting and for your support.

• *jumping around my living room* YEYEYEYEYEY!! Amazing! So chuffed for you :) you always were a runner! Sorry to hear about your knee, make sure you look after it and well done! You should be super proud :)

• Thank you! Scabby knee not good for for running but can't wait to get out there again, thank you for all your support along the way x

• well done its a great feeling when you have finished keep it up

You may also like...