On to week 9! Can't quite believe it!

I have a confession to make though. I have strayed a bit from the plan, as instead of completing 28 mins for week 8 I have done 30 mins for runs 1 and 2, and my third run today was a run from work to nursery to pick up the kids! They looked a bit surprised when I turned up in my running gear, red-faced and just a bit sweaty. It was only 22 mins but it was such a great feeling to change out of my work clothes and get running after sitting at my desk all day. I think I'll definitely be doing that again, as it saves on bus fare and means I have more time in the evenings!

I have also not been using the podcasts (sorry Laura!) but I'm finding that I can motivate myself and enjoy my own music. I've also started swimming once a week with a friend so have really got a good regular exercise routine in place now, which I am just so happy about! I feel great! Really hope I can make this a part of my life long-term now.

So a few more 30 min runs and I'll consider myself a graduate and put in for my badge!

Happy running everyone :)

7 Replies

• Sounds to me like you are already there, edqa. As you have probably noticed on the forum, there can be a feeling of limbo after graduating, without the regular satisfaction of successfully completing a new stage of a training plan, so being self motivated and having a regular exercise partner should keep you going long term.

Congratulations on getting here and we look forward to your grad post.

• Well done!! Sounds great and you've set yourself up well for the future :) I keep turning up at nursery with my running gear on too! Lord knows what they think of me! ;)

• Fantastic! Well done! I'm still being a good girl and following the podcasts. Second run of Week 8 done and dusted this morning :)

• you are a star.Think you have already graduated.Keep it up now,and the kids will be so proud of their mummy x

• Thanks all! I see a lot of people go on to train for races and fun runs, so I may well aim for one of those in the future. I'll also try to get to 5k, as I haven't actually managed that yet! But currently just enjoying making it a habit and fitting into my pre-first-pregnancy clothes, hurray! :)

• Well done! Sounds brilliant. I am also sticking with Laura. Now know who Julie is! Strangely like week 8 music - must be being brainwashed!

• I admire the parents that turn up to my nursery in running gear! (I work in one!) well done on fixing a routine, I've had trouble keeping mine lately!

And Deb I think I liked the music then too, and week 9 now!

You may also like...