Woohoo woohoo 10km!!

Hi fellow C25Kers

Well last week I ran 8km so today I wanted to do the same or go a bit further so I set off with some Turkish delight for at 6km mark and had to do an extension of a route that I have done before which included crossing a field. The first two km didn't feel as easy as I remember from when I had done the 8km but I really wanted to get to the part of the run I hadn't been on before so kept on head down. Got to the part of the road where I usually turn left but carried on into the unknown, it went up hill quite a bit which was hard but ok but I had to cross the field which was a BIG hill which horses and bikes had been on which was really churned up so I basically had to walk up which was difficult as I kept sliding back! So I had my Turkish delight to keep me going! At that point 10km was not on the agenda but when I got back on the road I felt ok so kept going..... The last third of a km was hard and my legs were aching but I DID IT! 10km who would believe it!

Thank you for all your posts and support - keep on running! X

12 Replies

• Well done Hules!!!! You did really well to do 10 k!!! Respect!!!!!!

• Thank you - I am really chuffed!

• That is fantastic. I am working up to 10K, and have reached the 7K mark, which I will repeat tomorrow. I am thinking of upping my distance by about 500m a week after that. You did 2K in one go, that is just awesome.

Well done.

• Well done and you with little legs too! :-) In fact your Turkish Delight inspired me and I had some myself just before my run! You need to put a 10k next to your graduate badge now. I may look out for a badge that says G and put it somewhere prominent.

• Hi tiny legs - thank you -yes I think that little legs are good for distance not speed to that is why i have pursued the distance really- I have a garmin and the thought of having the shiny 10km badge completed on my garmin web page keep me going on! And the beep of "new record"! :-)

• Thank you- That is probably a sensible idea but I knew from my 8km that I had it in me for the 10 but it took some talking to myself at the 9km mark!

• Amazing achievement WELL DONE And to think you were nervous about going out todayBet you never dreamt ok running 10 k when you started c25k It just shows what you can do Whats next??

• Thank you so much! No I always said I wouldn't do a 10km - I think it sounded to difficult and like real running but over the weeks putting in the Kms it became a reality! I can't believe it! I what to run a local hilly 10km in October so I just want to stay fit and running the distance for that.

• A HILLY 10k wow That is a great goal to aim for

• Well done Hules! I'll be aiming for it too, later in the year though.

• I'm avoiding hills from now on. They're trouble!

• Congratulations on the 10k - you must be delighted...turkish delighted. Well done !

You may also like...