First post-grad run - ran 5.19km in 41 min!

Yes very slow, but I hey I can run for 40mins! Oh my god it was tough, but I was sure I could do it if I just pushed myself, and kept thinking about what Laura says, that pushing yourself to the end of a tough run is how you build fitness. I also achieved my fastest pace yet! My furthest previous run was 3.8km in the 30 min run, so v. happy indeed.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

8 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Well done that's brill , bet your on a runners high

• Thanks Rockette, I do feel quite stunned! And congrats on your graduation btw! Hope you get your badge soon :)

• Congratulations

• Yes it is slow, but only if you compre youreslf with the like of Mo! Compared to us lesser mortals, it is a perfectly respectable time for a bit over 5k. Look at the Parkrun times and see where you would come ~ and you most certainly wouldn't be last.

I am impressed that you have stuck with it and are now a fully-fledged runner. Too many give up and fall by the way-side, but not you. You have kept at it and look at you now...

You should be VERY PROUD of yourself.

• Oh thank you Sallycycle, what lovely words..."fully-fledged runner" I like the sound of that! I will look at the Parkrun times. Thank you again :-)

• Congratulations Sarah-b! That is so fab! You should be so proud! I too did my first post grad 5k run last week and I got a time of 39.13 so I am running at about the same pace as you. We might be slow but we did it :) :) :)

• Hoorah! Congrats to you too! We have improved our health sooo much, and it can only get better! I feel happy about that every day :)

You may also like...