Just completed week 4 run 1..and can't quite believe it

Just got to share with people who will understand! I've been a total couch potato for years, due mainly to a lot of tedious health issues. I can't believe I did 3 x 3 mins and 2 x 5 mins in the run today. And weirdly it felt easier than previous weeks. The time flew by

I'm starting to believe, just a smidgeon, I might one day be a runner :)

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Oh yes we do understand. Well done lemon doodle I am exactly the same as you after every run , it's such a sense of achievement . Well done & keep up the good work .

• Very much understand. It is an amazing feeling. Nerves kick in every now and then but you crack on and feel great afterwards. Keep on going on!

• Fantastic! You're doing it!!! Yay!!

• Yeah!! Today wk4 tomorrow................oh yeah, wk4 again, but hey softly softly, catchee Monkey, your first Marathon is just around the corner. Well Done!!

• Lemon if you keep following the programme with Laura she will tell you the exact point at which you've become a runner! When she told me I was a runner I nearly fainted with shock

Keep going, no stopping and listen to Laura

• Lemon, congratulations on reaching week 4! I am on the 3rd run of week4 tonight and never been able to run for this long ever before. Keep going and posting about your progress x

• THANK YOU SO MUCH everyone for your lovely responses! It's so great to be able to tell people who get the ' I can't believe this but this is what I just did' of it all. A few years ago I was crippled with arthritis and didn't know if I'd ever drive again let alone walk without sticks. So from there to this is truly overwhelming.

I still can't get over how for the first 3 and 5 min runs I really felt like I was flying, even though I could still easily be overtaken by walking seagulls.

I'm cream crackered today but tomorrow's forecast is for gorgeous sunshine and I hope to do 2/4. Slowly slowly catchee monkee indeed.

• Run 2 of week 4 this morning: very cold but beautiful sunshine and I live 5 mins brisk walk from the sea, so it was rather lovely. The second 5 min run was a little harder today but I still felt after the first 5 mins I could have carried on.

You may also like...