Week 5 run 3 YES!!!!!

Wow! I did it. Am away on a conference but was determined to get the r3 in. Where I am staying is very hilly so I drove to a main road that looked fairly straight. Started off really well. New scenery certainly helped and couldnt believe it when Laura said 5 mins gone. That went really fast. Kept going and at 10 mins turned to run back the other way. It was only then did I realise that I had been running down a gentle incline. Not so gentle on the way back. So I slowed and just concentrated getting one foot in front of the other. I felt so proud that I had completed 20 mins. I never would have imagined that at week 1. Fantastic!!

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

14 Replies

oldestnewest
  • The route that I take has a hill finish and sometimes it doesn't feel like I'm moving forward at all but I still try to keep a jog going. Well done! Will you repeat week 5 or are you ready and raring to go to week 6?

• Awww thanks. Not sure how you do the hill every day but today I was determined. Raring to go onto week 6. Can't quite believe it's in my vocabulary now! "Off for a run, see you later!!!" Ha ha

• It's great when you get that feeling of achievement after that first 20 minute run. Running when at a conference takes a bit of determination, so well done for that too!

• Thank you. Felt even better when I was on my way back and all the manly runners grouped together just on their way out. I felt all "I've finished before you", even though they actually run up the hill!!!

• Well done , we are both at the same level now .

• Brilliant. Keep going though eh? We can do this!

• Aww, well done Mum2. That's awesome - and you sound like a proper runner! I've been at the same level as you and Rockette but lagging behind now due to a monster migraine this week. I've yet to start Week 5 but am spurred on by your achievements! :-)

• Such a shame. Migraines are terrible things. I will still look out for yr postings. We started the journey together. Hope yr better now. X

• Get well soon jenwrenarm .

• Well done wk5run3. It's such a fanatsic feeling after doing that one. Happy running.

• Thank you.

• Congratulations ! Well done you . I did same run this morning and just amazing feeling -- although my routes are all flat Don't think I am ready for hills yet Good luck with wk 6

• Thank you

• Congratulations...amazing feeling that 20 mins...well done for keeping it up while ur away...ur a runner !

You may also like...