Done it!!

Done it!!

Well I've done it! W9 R3 and I've just completed the Norwich Race for Life 5k.

Took me 45mins of which I'm gutted to say I ran 42.5mins - so close to running the whole way but I a) really needed a wee and b) had a bit of back ache :((

But to make up for it I kicked my arse into gear and ran the final 0.5k and had a pretty cracking sprint finish!!

Can I have my badge now?? ;)

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Congratulations, well done. That's a real inspiration for those of us still getting there

• well done runsandknits a great achievement for a really fab cause and your shiny grad badge will look good with your new medal

• I just did exactly the same but at the Leeds Race for Life! Well done!

• Yey! Well done us!!

• Brilliant - well done for completing the race for life. You must feel great :)

• The words "gutted" and "ran 42.5 mins" should never be used in a sentence together! What an amazing achievement - well done!! Hold your head up high and show off that shiny graduate badge when you get it xxx

• Thanks tmc1701 - was really proud of my run but just gutted I came so close to running the whole way but didn't. It was definitely a mind over matter thing again. I will get there though and I was just so amazed to be part of an organised run and running past all these people who'd given up and walked already. Slow and steady wins the race... ;)

• Many congratulations on both graduating from C25K and a great Run for Life. Your time is nothing to worry about! Be justifiably proud! You can now take your newly acquired life-skill to higher levels if you wish and get faster and/or run further .... That's what loads of grads do ;) Good luck, Linda

• Definitely Linda - I keep winding up my husband that there was a great article in his Runners World on a Himalayan Ultra Trail that looked amazing...

• Well done you and congrats on your graduation . You should be very proud of your amazing achievement.

Enjoy your running :)

You may also like...