The mistake I made this morning

It absolutely poured down yesterday, so I was glad that it was a rest day. A much better morning this morning and I thought the run would do me good. I didn't really have enough sleep last night and I thought that going for my second run of Week 4 would energise me. But then I stupidly went out with too many clothes on! I mean, it's October - it couldn't be all that warm even if the sun was shining, right? A long-sleeved T-shirt and a light jacket. I ran with the jacket totally open but I was still melting by the end of it. Can't say I enjoyed that at all! Still, I did it. That's the main thing. And what doesn't kill you allegedly makes you stronger...

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I misjudged the weather too today which resulted in funny strip tease whilst still running, trying not to fall over my own feet! ;) Well done for getting out there and running - bet you feel good now?!

• I misjudged the weather too today which resulted in funny strip tease whilst still running, trying not to fall over my own feet! ;) Well done for getting out there and running - bet you feel good now?!

• It was really warm wasn't it? I had my vest top on and was still "glowing" by the end of it. I was expecting torrential rain today so very glad to have got out early and enjoyed a pleasant run. Getting greyer now, no doubt the rain will be along shortly...

• When I first started someone on here told the way to take jacket off whilst running without losing jacket! You unzip to almost the bottom then slip arms out one at a time and tie them without losing the jacket. It works.

• Good tip!! Mines a funnel neck with only a small zip so had to come off over my head, without knocking my glasses off thus rendering me blind, and I then had to tie round my middle. Think the scarecrows in adjacent field had a good laugh!

• :-) Shame about small zip...can't really think of an easy way to take that jacket off.

• Glad to hear all this, thought I was weird running in capris and vest, but still sweating! good tip for jacket lycranotlikely! bucketing it down now, glad my run's tomorrow...

• It's surprisingly warm again today. I still haven't put my heating on and it's 21C in the kitchen (where the thermometer is). I had intended to go for a run but the heavy rain combined with the fact that I'm going out tonight has made me decide to postpone until tomorrow. Tomorrow will be a run day, rain, shine or humidity!

You may also like...