First run in three weeks! Huzzah!

Well, I went and got myself my spangly new trainers today! Oh the joy! All shiny with moulded insoles! Went to Sweatshop in the Metrocentre where I got great advice from a very knowledgable gal - highly recommend them.

Went out for a 15 minute run, didn't want to push myself to much and was also advised by a family member who runs a lot to just take it easy with the new trainers to wear them in and see how they are. The run was wonderful, really enjoyed it in the drizzle! And I felt ok, I could have ran further, so I'm really happy with that. :)

It's a good feeling, being back in the fold x big love to all my fellow couch potatoes!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • So glad it went well, good to have you back!

• Thank you Squaremum! It's good to be back :)

• Yeah, back in the groove. Go for it, Fentaz. I hope those new shoes do the job and get you comfortably through to graduation. Not far now. Good luck.

• Thanks Iannoda - I can nearly smell that Graduation Badge! ;)

• Excellent news! Need a picture of new spangly trainers - what colour? Do they match the running wardrobe or will you need new things!?

• Oh Lord, now you're talking! I could spend a fortune on kit! Haha! The trainers look like giant white clouds, or boats! Ill put a photo up sometime - when I work out how to do it by mobile phone! ;) x

• Welcome back Fentaz and pleased to hear you're sorted with your trainers. You know the drill slow and steady and you'll soon be back to normal. I'm worried about missing 2 weeks when I go away next week but feel hopeful now after reading your post. Good luck and happy running

• Two weeks should be fine! It's good to be back though, Mazzero! I'm off out later and I'm going to just go for it - see what happens! But always 'slow and steady'! :)

You may also like...