Couch to 5K
54,989 members87,516 posts

Can't believe it's week 9!

I meant to do W9 R1 on Tuesday but had to work late :-(, soI was determined to tackle it tonight (or yesterday I suppose, given that it is now 1.15am), even though I ended up getting home late because of work again. I probably set off a bit fast as I was thinking 'I need to do this quickly so I can get back to work, there's so much to do!' - before my brain caught up with the flaw in that logic and slowed my legs down a tad (it was a long day). Laura talking to me every 5 minutes felt slightly odd, as I'd got used to the longer gaps between encouragement, but it was nice to hear her voice. She's wonderfully encouraging :-)

Maybe it was the extra two rest days, or the fact I was really annoyed about work, or just the fact it was quite breezy, but I loved this run. It felt amazing, like I was just flying along. I've twigged that I like running into a headwind. There's one sheltered stretch next to an enormous hedge where I always start flagging a little, and I realised today when I got to the end of the hedge and turned back north into the wind that I really perked up.

Or maybe I just loved this run so much because I managed to avoid looking like a nutter and escaped providing entertainment for the students through further episodes of Performance Art.

This programme really does work- never thought I'd ever love running for 30 minutes and feel so amazing at the end of it. Or even that I would be capable of running for 30 minutes. If the next run is tough and I struggle to do it, I will remember how I felt on this run and know that it is just a bad day.

Good luck everyone with whatever week you are on- it is so worth it.

7 Replies
oldestnewest

Brilliant!! Well done you. So close now....

1 like

Thank you! Seems unreal to be so close to the end of the programme

Well done! You’re nearly there! 🎓💪🏽

1 like

Thank you!

Sounds like a great 🏃. Well done, the podium awaits :)

1 like

Thank you! It was indeed :-)

Well done your nearly there, keep going!!

You may also like...