W5R3... Complete!

Brand new to this forum, found a link from the NHS site. Chuffed to bits that I managed to finish the big 20 minute run successfully last night (managed to find a 30 minute window without torrential rain!). Approached it with huge trepidation, but it was all unfounded. Kept going at a steady pace throughout, and managed to break through the 'psychological' pain barrier after about 10 minutes. Especially chuffed as it's quite hilly where I live. I couldn't believe that this would have been possible 5 weeks ago. Thanks NHS!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done too you!

I'm starting week 5 tomorrow and I'm slightly apprehensive but excited at the same time - it seems to me to be quite a significant week, not only physically but mentally too. Fingers crossed I have a good run! :)

• Well done!! It's such a great feeling completely this run isn't it?? It's like a mini graduation! Haha!

Keep up the great work!

• Fantastic! Well done you!

Would you believe me when I say it gets easier, in a funny kind of way, from now until week 9? :-)

• I was euphoric when I finished week five! It's an amazing achievement, I would never have thought it possible! Finished week six on Monday - doubting myself a bit tonight but this site is great for reassuring myself! Well done !!

• It's a great feeling isn't it. I completed the same run on Monday and look forward to starting Week 6 tomorrow

• Yeah, I definitely feel like this was a milestone reached. Such a big leap! Looking forward to starting the next round! Good luck to everyone.

• Well done, good for you!

You may also like...