Couch to 5K
53,103 members85,171 posts

W5R3........ done and dusted!

My friend and I both managed to complete the dreaded 20 minute run today, I did mine this morning and I was completely shocked that I actually managed it. This programme is amazing, it really does set you up to succeed. If anyone (like I was) is fretting about this particular run, you will be surprised, it really isn't as bad as you'd think!

36 Replies
oldestnewest

Wow!!! Congratulations!!! You did it!

I am still on my way to get healthy, so no running for over a week. Bit I am sooo proud of you! Well done!

I doubted if I go back running, but you've inspired me, again :) Thank you!

2 likes

Thank you so much! I am so thrilled to have done it, please keep going, I know you can do it (once you are well of course) I am looking forward to hearing how you are getting on! xx

1 like

I will. And you... Keep going! You nailed the 20 min run!!! That's amazing!!! You are my hero!

1 like

Aww thank you so much, it was such a short time ago that I couldn't even run for 60 seconds that today feels like a miracle!! I can't wait til you do this run too and feel the same as I do.... and you will!

2 likes

Thank you :) I didn't think that I'd found such an inspiration and wonderful person on this forum. I've never believed in such "suppprt group". But yet here I am. Stopping my favourite TV show and reading how far you have gone, enjoying your happiness, and believing that one day I be as happy and proud of myself as you are now. I'll keep you up-dated as soon as I be back on the track ;)

2 likes

What a lovely thing to say, that is so kind of you. I am really enjoying chatting to the lovely people on this forum, it has been so helpful to me and it is great to know I can help someone too. You will definitely get there too and I can't wait to hear all about it when you start again :) xx

1 like

:) Let's keep the good vibe flowing... I meant running ;)

1 like

Well done - what a long way you have come in just a few short weeks! Best of luck with the rest of the C25K course - you will do it! x

1 like

Thank you! It really is unbelievable!

Well done Sal ! That is such a massive milestone in the programme and you nailed it , great stuff !

Good Luck to you IgaT , looking forward to following your progress once you feel you're ready xxx

4 likes

Thank you poppypug - it felt like a major milestone to be honest, I am still in shock that I actually did it! Especially when I realised I was approaching a huge group of ramblers on a very narrow canal path and I had 'sprint' to get past them, that really messed up my breathing but shortly after that I came to a short downhill stretch and that put me right! It was hard, for sure, but such a thrill to have done it! xxx

4 likes

Yes it is such a great feeling completing that run ! xxx

1 like

Fantastic news Bigfatsal! Very well done. There's no stopping you now :)

1 like

Thank you, I must admit I do feel that if I can do 20 minutes after 5 weeks, 30 minutes should be doable in 9! Fingers crossed!

1 like

Knew you would do it :) Just think.... a few weeks ago.... you thought you would not get to this stage :)

Gosh, how many of us at the first week, felt that running for 60 seconds was impossible and yet...here we all are :)

Very very well done! On you go, slow and steady does it.. getting closer to that podium with every step :)

3 likes

Massive thank you to you Oldfloss , you have been at my back all the way, I have to confess as I got to the last five minutes I was thinking 'I can't wait to tell the forum'. 5 weeks ago, I thought I would never be able to run 60 seconds without feeling I was going to die (dramatic? Me? :P) now I am feeling fairly sure I can do the whole nine weeks :O Who'd have thought!

3 likes

🙂 I felt exactly the same!!!!

Just like I was going to collapse, that first week.☹

It shows just how good the programme is...suddenly, you are running and, you progress in spite of yourself...Every time I run..I just think..Wow!!!

You are well on the way x

1 like

Whoop whoop! Well done to both of you. It's an epic feeling 🤗🤗🤗

2 likes

Thank you! It really is an epic feeling, 24 hours later I still can't quite believe I did it - my legs, however, are telling me I definitely did :D

1 like

Massive congratulations!! Its so encouraging to read this as Im starting W5 on Monday and was a little apprehensive about it. You've made me want to get out there and smash it too!! 😁🏃🏼‍♀️

1 like

...and you will , with every slow and steady step!!!!

1 like

Oldfloss said the same to me and she's always, always right!

And you will smash it! I was almost certain I would have to give up after W5R1, I was really scared about the rest but R2 went better than I thought and then I began to think I might just do R3. I found the whole week hard to be fair, but not in a bad way, I almost felt like I had started the 'proper running'! Looking forward to your post telling us you smashed it too! xx

Whoo hooo go Sal :) that week is a bit of a mental challenge, I think we've all been there & dreaded it but you pushed through & nailed it. Excellent! xx

1 like

Thank you Dhiny your encouragement has helped me loads, it really was mind over matter, the last five minutes were really tough but the thought that I was almost there and would be able to tell all you lovely folk kept me going!

1 like

Well done! I totally agree. The programme is superb. I would recommend it to anyone whether they like running or not.

1 like

Definitely, I never thought I would be able to run (unless my house was on fire maybe) but here I am, heading for week 6!

1 like

Wooohooo, well done :)

That run was the scary one, all behind you now, really well done, you'll soon be on that graduation podium :) x

1 like

Wasn't it just? I was so worried about it! Thank you, I really hope so and am beginning to believe I just might get there!

Well done!!!

1 like

Thank you very much!

Pretty soon you will be "Fitslimsal - Graduate" :) Well done :)

1 like

Aww thanks, that's a long way off though :D I have lost a tiny bit of weight but no where near enough!

1 like

Just like the 5k you will get there :)

Way to go Sal!

1 like

Thank you!

You may also like...