From high to low

My son's at his Dad's for the week so I decided to take the opportunity to shake things up a little. Monday I ran late evening (rather than early morning) and took a new route. It was one of those perfect runs where you feel as if you could go for ever. The only reason I stopped was because it was 9pm and the dog still needed a walk. I was chuffed to see I'd gone a little over 9k :-)

I was sore yesterday but no major pain so this morning I got up for my early morning run as normal. I decided to do a speed run, for a change....from the start it was hard going. My calves and thighs just plain hurt. After about 20 minutes I called a halt and hobbled home. Spent a good 10 minutes stretching and have just got out of a hot bath, which has helped.

I think I pushed this old body just a little too hard!

I'm going to take today & tomorrow off and go again on Friday.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Slow and steady?! :) he he!

Though a bit of speed now and then can feel good too - I'll admit it!

• wahey you are doing brilliantly well done!

• is that fartlek training? I know that I really need to speed up I am so slow, but I do enjoy my runs so am in two minds speed up or enjoy?

• I don't know what fartleck training is.....might google it and get back to you :-)

You may also like...