Stepping stones, impossible?

I thought to run for 1 minute, 5 minutes, 10 minutes were impossible then 20 minutes I thought I'd die, when I did 30 minutes I was totally euphoric. I've done 30 minutes several times and a bit of hill work and fartlek with my daughter, who is a runner. I'm still incredibly slow, 52 minutes to do the 5k parkrun. So, today, I thought go for it try stepping stones, I again found it 'impossible' I just couldn't keep up with the beat and Laura's 1234 BUT I am running faster than I was. I did a route near home, not too challenging but some undulations, I last did this run on week 7 or 8 of C25K and today I had to add on a whole extra loop as I still had the last 5 minute run to do when I'd got to my old finish point. There are two morals to this story: not much is impossible if you really decide you will do it and improvement might be very slow but it is still improvement celebrate it :D

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Go for it. Improvement can be slow -- as in my case -- but it does work. Eventually :-) Good luck!

• Try the speed one if you haven't already. i personally found that one much easier. I still haven't summoned up the courage to try stamina yet though. LOL Good luck.

• Thanks both, I'm determined to do this. My short term goal is to do 50 minute parkrun by end August 45 minutes by end September then who knows :D

You may also like...