Few ups and downs- including a PW (Personal Worst) - but I am back after a short break

Hi All - been away for a while - life and work getting in the way of my running and focus to complete 10k. I have had a setback in the form of the body starting to tell it knows it is being pushed. I have niggly knee problems and a dropped arch in one foot which was starting to give me considerable problems. so I visited a podiatrist - who gave me a thorough assessment including a lot of treadmill work ( why didn't I think of that when I turned up in my work clothes and no running shorts!). Anyway the result of this was loads of strapping on my foot and an alteration to my inner soles - and putting me back to 2 k runs - how dull. So I have to be honest been a bit despondent- my runs have not been good and I have vey under confident. But I have preserved and tried to do something. On Tuesday I hit an all time low - achieving a personal worst in distance and time. Barely hitting 2 k and i was very slow.

This morning I decided enough of this namby pamby running - I was going to do better - I know i can run 5k!! So I put on stepping stones and just did it - it felt much better and I felt my confidence return. I really enjoyed it - so with reference to a previous post - sometimes it is all just in the mind. Or maybe today was just a feel good day - and I do feel good!

PS if anyone is interested podiatrist recommended Brooks running shoes and showed me a deconstructed shoe and how all the layers are put together - sadly I have just bought Adidas as an impulse buy - so I will have to wait.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

oldestnewest

You may also like...