Week 7 Run 2 - so much for a sprint finish

That's Week 7 Run 2 done with no real problems - have had a very stiff ankle since Sunday's run so I was a bit worried about that, but it wasn't at all sore while I was running (it is now!). Bit of ice and it should be OK I think.

I tried very hard to do that last minute at a faster pace, as Laura encouraged, and was feeling very pleased with my 'sprint' finish... right up until I got home and looked at my Endomondo stats. My finishing pace was actually slower than my second kilometer... it was just a lot faster than the rest of my final 5 minutes, by which time I was really starting to plod! Hilarious.

Ah well never mind, it's definitely getting more comfortable so I shall just keep going and worry about the speed later. I measured the running part on its own today and I covered 3.45 km in 25 minutes, so still a long way off the 5k in 30 minutes, but I am optimistic that I'll get there one day (just not by week nine!).

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

oldestnewest

You may also like...