Week 7 Run 2

I can't believe how much I am enjoying these 25 minute runs! I really picked up my pace for the last ten minutes and was tempted to carry on for 30 minutes but knew that if I did that I would never finish the plan.

When I loaded my run to Nike plus I found I'd done my fastest mile and fastest km although the distance covered was about the same as my last two runs so my slow bits must have been slower! I got a bit of stitch and backache but carried on and it soon went.

Looking forward to run 3!

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Good for you - well done and keep enjoying it.

Happy running.x

• Thank you :-)

• Great news, you are now so close to the end. As soon as you find a pace that works best for you, the runs will quickly pass. All the best for your last few runs - look forward to seeing you graduate soon :D Cheers, Linda

• Thank you - I think it will take me some time to graduate as I'm only running twice a week now.

• Brilliant to be enjoying week 7 runs - keep up the good work. :)

• Thank you.

• I am at the same stage and am enjoying it too. I managed to run 4.5km in the 25 minutes and surprised myself, but I definitely need the rest days now! Well done and we don't have far to go now!

• Wow 4.5km - does that include the warm up and cool down walks? I'm doing 3.3km in the 25 minute run and am quite proud of that! I seem to be taking two rest days for some reason but that doesn't seem to be hindering my fitness. Good luck for the rest of the plan :-)

• Sorry if this is a double post, I can't see the comment I thought I posted!

No it doesn't include the warm up and warm down runs. I ran the first km fast and decided to try and maintain the pace. Well done on your distance, the only reason I think I can push myself is because I've been on a fitness drive for about 6 months by losing 24 kg and going to the gym 4 days a week. I only started C24K once I had improved my cardio by doing cycling and using the cross trainer.

Good luck to you too.

• Congratulations on the weight loss! I've only just started exercising regularly so I guess the fitness and speed will come but I'm definitely a lot fitter than I was thanks to this plan.

You may also like...