Week 2 Started and Completed

I did end up missing my run on Friday last as planned due to those other factors that I was worried about regarding transport and time. I did however get up Saturday morning and did w2 r1 on a treadmill. I did find it strange as I felt I really couldn't tell how well I did. Anyhow I came back late Sunday evening so there wasn't time to complete one then. (I was also knackered from a late night on Sat - Charity quiz and disco evening)

Monday however was completely different as i was upset from a misunderstanding from early afternoon and by the time I got home it started to rain :( so I missed another day. I managed to pick myself and do my second run of the week on Tuesday evening and then my third run tonight. :) I have decided to deviate from my set of 4 runs to a week so I can get back on track with my weeks, I think this also means just aiming to completed 3 runs for week 3.

I am feeling really quite nervous of starting week 3 as I feel like I'm not exerting myself very much and going quite slowly. :S I guess I'll it it a try on Sat morning and see what I think. I think one of reason's I am nervous is because if I want to get back on track its means on doing the 3 runs in this week also and I believe this is where it really starts to pick up.

Either way I'm posting late and feeling tried but wanted to update you guys. Also just a quick question is there anybody from Peterborough on here as there's a chance I could be moving in a couple of months and just want to find out about the place a little.

Right signing off now, will update soon. thanks for reading people

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • Hmmm... the thing about life is that it gets in the way! It's great to plan your runs into your week - it gives you a focus and a sense of purpose. However, there are times, as you've already found, when it just doesn't happen like that. So see how it goes with the three runs a week. Take it slow and steady - better to do this than to push yourself too hard and find you can't complete a run. You'll be fine, I'm sure! Enjoy your running, good luck for week 3, and post again to let us know how you're getting on :)

You may also like...